[wp-hackers] (no subject)

Meitar Moscovitz meitar at maymay.net
Thu Sep 30 21:04:49 UTC 2004

Hi there,

New to this list, and new to WordPress (I've been using it just two
weeks). I migrated several blogs of mine from other blogging software
and am loving it. Which brings me to the point of this email:

I'm making a web site (a personal project) which needs to aggregate two
pre-existing WordPress blogs into one site, literally on the same page
as each other. I first tried to use WordPress's template functions and
just require() the specific wp-blog-header.php file. Obviously, that
didn't work at all. Neither did a couple renditions thereof.

So instead I've begun to roll my own system to gather content/data out
of different WordPress databases and/or blogs and put them on the same
page via template-like PHP "tags." Currently, I have a working (though
admittedly really simplistic) prototype for the site I'm building. This
project is only 2 days old so its still a fresh idea for me. Naturally,
I don't want to reinvent the wheel or start any overlapping development
forks.

So I'm writing to ask if anyone else has done something like this, and
if so, may I please help you? If not, then if anyone else is interested
in this project I would welcome the help. I'm not a PHP expert so I'm
sure there are better PHP programmers out there than myself, hopefully
whom I can learn from by collaborating on this project.

In the mean time, of course, I'll keep coding away for my own purposes.
:)

Best regards,
and many thanks for the wonderful work the WP dev team has already done!

/*
* Meitar Moscovitz
* <De-Coder />
* http://www.maymay.net/ (personal)