[wp-hackers] Posted Elsewhere Feature

David House dave at xmouse.ithium.net
Mon Sep 20 19:11:04 UTC 2004

Quoting Graham Walker <gwalker at gmail.com>:

> I post a comment at Person X's blog, and enter my weblog URL.
> Person X's blog software somehow pings *my* blog, which then (publicly
> or privately) adds Person X's blog entry to my list of "Posted
> Elsewheres."
> This list is perhaps an RSS feed of Person X's entry, so I can be
> alerted if there's a new comment added to the entry.

How about we just have the 'subscribe to this entry's comments feed with
Bloglines (etc)' link in wp-comments.php. Then, instead of providing the form
with your weblog's address, you can just click the link and have Bloglines or a
similar service subscribe you to it.

Or, y'know, the user could use the brand-spanking new autodiscovery feature of
Firefox 0.10 (does anyone else think that versioning sucks? It should at least
be 0.1.0 or something. 0.10 makes it look like 0.1, and we've gone through at
least three different names since then!) to subscribe themselves :)