[wp-hackers] xmlrpc.php's location

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri Sep 17 13:59:51 UTC 2004

m at tidakada.com wrote:
> The location in wp-admin was suggested by Matt when I talked about creating a
> replacement for our old xmlrpc.php. I think it makes sense, but now that you
> mention password protected directories it just doesn't seem reasonable anymore.
>
> So, what can we do here?
> a) Just replace xmlrpc.php with the new xmlrpc.php, at the same place.
> b) Place the new xmlrpc.php right along index.php and so on, but rename it.

I've always assumed that the wp-admin location was just temporary. I
figured that when you had the rework to a reasonably complete stage,
that you'd be moving it to replace the old one. So my vote is for 'a'.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/