[wp-hackers] ATTN: Nightly build users

David Schlosnagle schlosna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:08:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:37:23 -0700, Kitty <kitty at mookitty.co.uk> wrote:
> Please subscribe to the CVS mail list <cvs at wordpress.org> so you'll know
> what's going on with the code.
>
> IMHO, using the nightlies puts you in a worse position than using a cvs
> checkout because you don't know what been changed from one build to
> another.
>
> Either way, using nightlies or cvs on a "live" blog is risky as some of
> you have found out. Best to keep a local install working so that you can
> see any changes/borkedness happen before you upload the scripts.
>
> Remember:
> -Alpha: this is supposed to break to see what needs fixing. The API is
> in flux and new things are added.
> -Beta: most things should be fixed and it's too late for feature
> requests. API is stable
> -Release Candidate: this really shouldn't break and if we don't hear
> about it soon, it'll be too late
> -Release: Milestone was hit, wash, rinse, repeat.
> --
> Cheers!
> Kitty
> http://blog.mookitty.co.uk/
> http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog/

I'm finally finding a little extra free time and I've setup a dev blog
to use. While I was doing this, I wondered if anyone has created a DB
dump of entries to use for testing. There's been a lot of discussion
about encodings and internationalization, which is something I haven't
used on my own blog. With the upcoming release of 1.3, there are also
going to be a lot of people upgrading existing WP blogs from various
versions.

I guess what I'm asking for are test cases for a mixture of entries,
categories, links, etc. I'd like to see a DB file that could be used
to test the bugs on mosquito and also upgrades and regression tests.
If I can do anything to get this rolling, I'd be glad to help. Let me
know what you think.

--
David Schlosnagle
<schlosna at gmail.com>