[wp-hackers] header in email for filtering

Michael Leuchtenburg michael at slashhome.org
Mon Sep 13 23:26:14 UTC 2004

Allan Mertner wrote:

>> It would be nice to have a header in email on which to filter on. I
>> propose the following two formats as possibilities:

>> The first one is slightly more informative. The blog software info
>> could also be put in a different header.
>
> I second this idea!  I would go for the first version - if you have a
> header, why not make it informative?

I think that information should be included. The question is just
whether to do it as above or more like this:

This would allow the X-Blog header to stay entirely constant with
changes of software and software versions. I don't know what other blog
software currently uses, or I would probably have chosen to suggest that.

It would be nice to be able to edit the templates of emails sent without
editing the wp-includes/functions.php code, too. I'm not going to
implement that right now, though.

--
Michael Leuchtenburg  |  http://slashhome.org/
cell: 413.433.0739