[wp-hackers] Multiple Locations

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 20:06:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 11:12, mark.wordpress wrote:
> I really think that Wordpress's geo location feature could be quite
> cool if it were fleshed out a bit more. I sometimes blog from multiple
> locations, and it'd be cool if I could easily switch locations.
>
> Here is what I propose:
>
> - In the admin interface, instead of just straight geo coordinates,
> you can enter in multiple sets of geo coordinates as well as give each
> location a name (Home, Parents' House, Winter Lodge in Aspen, etc).
> - On the Create/Edit entry screens, this would show up as a dropdown
> list, so you could easily designate your location for that post.
> - Also, if you wanted to change your default location, you could
> easily do it in the admin interface without having to look up the
> coordinates again.
> - Also, a tag (something like <?php post_location_name(); ?> would be
> created, so people could so something like "Posted at 5:24PM from my
> house"
>
> Thoughts?

http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog/downloads/locationmanager.zip

screenshots at:
http://mookitty.co.uk/projects/?Location_Manager

It's a substantial hack to get working, but quite slick when installed,
it'll do everything on your list, except the 4th item. It's for 1.2
only, and will break cvs/1.3 completely.

I had thought of making into a stand alone plugin, but there was never
much interest. So it'll probably be morphed into a patch for 1.3 once
that's released.
--
Cheers!
Kitty