[wp-hackers] Multiple Locations

mark.wordpress mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Sep 12 18:12:30 UTC 2004

I really think that Wordpress's geo location feature could be quite cool if it were fleshed out a bit more.  I sometimes blog from multiple locations, and it'd be cool if I could easily switch locations.

Here is what I propose:

- In the admin interface, instead of just straight geo coordinates, you can enter in multiple sets of geo coordinates as well as give each location a name (Home, Parents' House, Winter Lodge in Aspen, etc).
- On the Create/Edit entry screens, this would show up as a dropdown list, so you could easily designate your location for that post.
- Also, if you wanted to change your default location, you could easily do it in the admin interface without having to look up the coordinates again.
- Also, a tag (something like <?php post_location_name(); ?> would be created, so people could so something like "Posted at 5:24PM from my house"

Thoughts?