[wp-hackers] Suggestion: Change the call to the_content in index.php

Craig Hartel milquetoast at telus.net
Sun Sep 12 06:24:55 UTC 2004

Kitty wrote:
> True, but now you're doing away with something that easily configurable
> in a template tag to having to set a variable. The direct setting of
> values in template tags is essential to keeping things easy for the end
> user.

Also true, but have you seen the number of times the "How do I change the
(more..) text" question has been asked. There needs to be an easier way to do
these kinds of things. Too bad there isn't a .mo/.po file kind of thingy for
these user-configurable items. Just go to one file, change everything, and never
have to worry about a reinstall or upgrade screwing with all your work.

Craig.
Users-R-Us