[wp-hackers] 8bit ASCII characters in mail-headers

John Hewitt johnblade at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:07:56 UTC 2004

Hrm, okay looks like you're going to get me to check out this MMS
stuff in more depth.

As for the daemon, not quite true.  At least in Postfix (qmail as well
I think) you can direct via rules incoming emails to go to scripts.
PHP scripts aren't that hard after that. :)

Anyway, if I can get MMS enabled on my phone I'll see what I can do to
get this stuff working.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:21:11 +0200, Sebastian Herp
<newsletter at scytheman.net> wrote:
> John Hewitt wrote:
>
> >Yeah the whole thing needs a bit of an overrun.  IMAP is useful, but I
> >think what is more useful right now is a php parser that directly
> >takes SMTP emails in so you don't have to have cronjobs with POP or
> >IMAP.
> >That's the -real- solution, more effort to setup for the end-user (if
> >indeed they can at all) but it's rewarding.
> >

> That would need a deamon to be run on the host and most providers
> (especially the free ones) don't allow this. But it could of course be
> something that some users (those with shell access to their box) would
> find userful.:-)
>
> >I don't have a MMS phone (well I do Nokia 6600 but have MMS disabled
> >on my network provider, should call them up and ask about it) though I
> >think my hack already supports most MMS stuff.
> >As far as I know MMS is just standard mime which my hack supports.
> >

> True, but support for mms like b2evolution does it would be nice. I live
> in Germany and one MMS costs 39 Cents (regardless of its size), but if i
> send 100 kb from my phone via email (standard gprs) i'll need one of the
> plans with more included traffic, if i don't want to spend all my money
> on this :-) also prepaid users don't have that option ... AND: you said
> it would be best to have a smtp-server (first paragraph), so why not a
> script that acts as mms-gateway :-)
>
> >A lot of people that use my hack send photo's and what-not from their
> >phones, give it a try and it should work.
> >

> I'll do ...

Regards,
      JB Hewitt
Business: http://www.stcpl.com.au