[wp-hackers] 1.3a2 CVS

Sebastian Herp newsletter at scytheman.net
Mon Sep 6 12:42:46 UTC 2004

I agree that it might be easier for the "unwashed masses" if they only
have to one small file with not so much php in it for small changes.
But, if i imagine me being a newbie to wordpress, just having found out
that such a great software exists. I would hit my head against any wall
i can find, if i had to open 10+ files/pages just for initial layout,
and probably use something easier such as blogger.com, etc ...

I think that one file for everything is the a feature and not something
that needs to be fixed. Everything is in there and i don't have to
search for the template that is responsible for this and that. And i
think that the average wordpress user is not thaaaat stupid, that he/she
can not edit php-files :) ... or in this case ONE php-file *g*

Greetings,
Sebastian

P.S.: Would an upgrade not destroy all the small changes we made in
those templates? So we would have to backup all those files and maybe
edit all new templates to match those old files if something big changed

P.P.S.: How many people exist who are afraid of php, know a littlebit
html and have their own webserver with a mysql database? Not so many, i
think. And even they might want to see the whole picture (one file) and
not multiple small pictures. They more likely have their computer-guy
who changes their site for them or use a template they found on the
internet ... and again this would be easier if it's just a index.php and
a wp-layout.css ...