[wp-hackers] Hacking Assignment: Paging by Days

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Sep 5 17:23:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 09:21 -0400, scriptygoddess wrote:
> You're welcome to grab the code. (as long as I get a little credit
> somewhere) :) I'm glad its useful for you.

You'll get credit in the usual manners: commit log, etc.  I'd like to
have a contributors list go out in the 1.3 release notes.  If you have
code in WordPress, send a link to your site and the name you would like
to be credited under to me.  Perhaps we could also add a CREDITS file.
Here's an example from the linux kernel.

        This is at least a partial credits-file of people that have
        contributed to the Linux project.  It is sorted by name and
        formatted to allow easy grepping and beautification by
        scripts.  The fields are: name (N), email (E), web-address
        (W), PGP key ID and fingerprint (P), description (D), and
        snail-mail address (S).
        Thanks,

                        Linus
----------

N: Alan Cox
W: http://www.linux.org.uk/diary/
D: Linux Networking (0.99.10->2.0.29)
D: Original Appletalk, AX.25, and IPX code
D: 3c501 hacker
D: Watchdog timer drivers
D: Linux/SMP x86 (up to 2.0 only)
D: Initial Mac68K port
D: Video4Linux design, bw-qcam and PMS driver ports.
D: IDE modularisation work
D: Z85230 driver
D: Former security contact point (please use vendor-sec at lst.de)
D: ex 2.2 maintainer
D: 2.1.x modular sound
S: c/o Red Hat UK Ltd
S: Alexandra House
S: Alexandra Terrace
S: Guildford, GU1 3DA
S: United Kingdom

N: Cristian Mihail Craciunescu
W: http://www.dnt.ro/~cristi/
E: cristi at dnt.ro
D: Support for Xircom PGSDB9 (firmware and host driver)
S: Bucharest
S: Romania

BTW, everything that goes in WordPress must be GPL.  If anyone who has
something in WordPress does not agree with that, let me know so I can
rip your code out. ;-)

Ryan