[wp-hackers] Threaded comments plugin 1.0 released

Chris Coggburn Chris at Coggburn.us
Sun Sep 5 15:48:24 UTC 2004

--------------040305010306030508050600

Brian Meidell wrote:
> Definitely. I just want to wait a few days and see what kind of problems
> people might have, so I can fix the first slew of bugs before making the
> 1.3 version, thereby forcing me to maintain 2 versions.
>
> /Brian
>
> Mark Shields wrote:
>
>> Any plans for a 1.3 release?  Out of curiosity, I did of the diff of
>> wp-comments.php and wp-comments-post.php files you included and the
>> CVS versions (uhh from a few days or a week ago I think).
>>

>> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:36:19 +0200, Brian Meidell <brian at mindflow.dk>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> By popular demand, I released my threaded comments as a plugin after
>>> all.
>>> I still think that having nice administration options that take threads
>>> into account would be nice, and it would work better as a native part of
>>> wordpress.
>>>
>>> It's for WordPress 1.2 right now.
>>>
>>> http://www.meidell.dk/blog/archives/2004/09/04/nested-comments/
>>>
>>> Comments are welcome.
>>> /Brian Meidell

If you correctly check for the version of wordpress in the plugin and
change statements accordingly then you shouldn't really have a problem
and need to release seperate versions. 1.2 and 1.3 are very similar and
shouldn't need too many things changed for it to work.

--
Christopher Coggburn
Chris at Coggburn.us

--------------040305010306030508050600

begin:vcard
fn:Chris Coggburn
n:Coggburn;Chris
org:Beyond Digital Studios
adr:;;165 N Benewah Pl;Nampa;ID;83651;United States of America
email;internet:Chris at Coggburn.us
title:Senior Web Designer
note:Blog at http://chris.coggburn.us
x-mozilla-html:FALSE