[wp-hackers] Upgrade problems

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sat Sep 4 18:48:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 19:37 +0100, Podz wrote:
> Upgraded to the latest build earlier.
>
> 1. Category views broken.
> - Would not show posts in cats that I knew existed.
> - Would show 1 post in another cat, I click Next Page, it says 'Sorry no
> posts..', I click Next Page again, and I see another post

You're paging by days, yes?  The paging code for days has always been
rather dumb.  It pages by blocks of days.  If there are no posts in that
block, no posts are shown.  If we don't get this fixed, we'll probably
just turn off paging everywhere except the home page when paging by
days.

> 2. Pagination. Unclear where to change the number of posts displayed.
>
> 3. Archives view broken. With 1.2 or 1.3 rewrite rules, it showed no
> posts for April and May.
>
> 4. Plugins: Sortable archives, DelyMyth's stats, Stats (by Ryan
> Callaghan) all break.

I believe some rely on "posts paged", which is now gone.

Ryan