[wp-hackers] 8bit ASCII characters in headers of comment-notification-mails

Sebastian Herp newsletter at scytheman.net
Wed Sep 1 15:00:03 UTC 2004

Thank you, i have seen such headers and wondered what that means :-)

My MTA *is* up to date and it doesn't mess with correctly formed headers
(this mailing list is a perfect example). I can, of course, disable this
function, but i wanted to let somebody know that there is something
wrong with umlauts and such things in mailheaders ....

(It's not only about the subject, the from-header can have umlauts, too)