[wp-hackers] Notifying Post Authors

Jamie Talbot wphackers at jamietalbot.com
Wed Sep 1 12:21:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been working on X-Valid, a plugin to automatically convert posts to valid
XHTML.  The newest version also applies the filter to comments posted to the
blog.

In cases where the text cannot be validated automatically, an email is sent to
the post author letting them know the problems.  I was looking through the core
and found the function wp_notify_postauthor.  I was wondering if this could be
abstracted one level, so that plugins could easily send their own emails to the
user?  At the moment, I have to construct all of the email myself, which is a
repetition of code in the core and redundant.

It would be nice to be able to call a function like

wp_notify_postauthor(comment_id, "Here goes my own message...");

Would any other plugin authors find this useful?  Or is it just me? :D

Cheers,

Jamie.

BTW:  If you're interested, the latest version of X-Valid is at
http://www.jamietalbot.com/wp-hacks/

--
http://www.jamietalbot.com/