[wp-hackers] Threaded Comments

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:53:54 UTC 2004

I think Brian's threaded(nested) comments come close to a good solution:
http://meidell.dk/archives/2004/09/04/nested-comments/

The problems with respect to making it a single-click-install plugin are:
1) It uses a whole new wp-comments* set of files (which might be
unavoidable anyways)
2) It uses javascript DOM (which makes it not-so-universally-useful)
3) It adds a column to a table, which might be unavoidable as well...

It will be pretty challenging to write an easy to install plugin that
does not have to modify any source file, me thinks....

Carthik.