[wp-hackers] Feed Hooks?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Oct 28 20:21:32 UTC 2004

> I was looking through the hook api documentation and didn't see any
> hooks regarding how feeds are built.
>
> I was thinking about writing a new page plugin that allowed for an
> extremely robust search engine, and as a bonus could be used to create
> custom RSS feeds.  An example of such a feed would be all posts about
> rss, games, or WordPress written by Bill.
>
> Am I missing hooks somewhere?  If not, are people averse to this kind of
> functionality in WP?

index.php?author_name=bill&category_name=games&feed=rss2
index.php?search=hello+world&feed=rss2

Any query can be turned into a feed by adding feed=xxx where xxx is rss,
rss2, atom, etc.  What we don't currently do is allow multiple authors,
categories, etc. to be specified.  If someone want's to try their hand at
adding support for array syntax to wp-blog-header and WP_Query, that would
be cool.

Ex: &category_name[]=rss&category_name[]=games&category_name[]=wordpress

See parse_str for details.

http://php.net/parse_str