[wp-hackers] MySQL 4.1

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:46:29 UTC 2004

Hi

I really want WP working with MySQL 4.1 and at this stage I'm trying
to find out what the situation is with it development-wise.

http://wordpress.org/support/2/15397 was posted to the install board
yesterday by me. To summarise:

Do you know that there is a problem with WP and MySQL 4.1?
Do you know what it is specifically?
Is someone working on it?

Since posting that yesterday I pulled down the nightly build and
although you've obviously improved the install screens, I still fall
over on a MYSQL query (mysqladmin output):

+-----+------+-----------+-----------+---------+------+-------+-------------------------------------------------+

+-----+------+-----------+-----------+---------+------+-------+-------------------------------------------------+
| 17  | root | localhost | wordpress | Query   | 876  | setup | ALTER
TABLE `wp_posts` DROP INDEX `post_name_1` |
| 435 | root | localhost |           | Query   | 0    |       | show
processlist                                |
+-----+------+-----------+-----------+---------+------+-------+-------------------------------------------------+

The query hangs, for hours, mysqld takes up 99.n% cpu

I've definitely not done something silly, I've tried on 3 different
servers (all Linux)

PHP 4.3.8 + MySQL 4.1.2 Hangs
PHP 5.0.1 + MySQL 4.1.2 Hangs

PHP4.3.3 + MySQL 4.0.n Works fine, was a breeze to install and configure

I can't find a bug posting so can you let me know whether you're
working on it (or indeed are even aware of the problem). If you're not
then I guess I'll take a look.

regs

;D

--
I suggest that you upgrade to a speedy, stable, secure and highly
configurable web browser.