[wp-hackers] Simple suggestion re: Wiki

Murray at PlanetThoughtful lists at planetthoughtful.org
Mon Oct 25 03:16:22 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been considered previously, please forgive if this has
already been discussed.

I'd like to suggest including a 'Help' link on all admin pages that links to
the relevant top level documentation page on the Wiki for the options /
functionality presented on that admin page.

I believe this would be A Good Thing for several reasons:

*	I suspect many users are currently oblivious to the existence of the
Wiki until they are pointed at it by a helpful soul in the support forum
*	Linking from each admin page would effectively conceptually include
the Wiki documentation in the WordPress 'package', as opposed to it
currently conceptually being a separate entity
*	If it has the effect I suspect, which would be delivering more eyes
to the Wiki prior to people asking about specific problems already addressed
many times in the support forum, it might also increase the potential base
of people willing to casually improve and extend the Wiki documentation

Just a thought.

Much warmth,

Murray

 <http://www.planetthoughtful.org/> http://www.planetthoughtful.org