[wp-hackers] Hello Dolly

inforequest ai6bois02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:21:48 UTC 2004

Owen Winkler ringmaster-at-midnightcircus.com |wordpress hackers list
092004| wrote:

>drDave wrote:
>

>>why don't we rather have the plugin admin page quickly check the files
>>for such common error and either quarantine or correct the plugin source?
>>

>That's a good idea.
>
>It's also worth mentioning that if a plugin is deleted or renamed after
>it's activated in 1.3, its functionality is omitted and the whole system
>works as it did before the plugin was added. This is documented at
>http://codex.wordpress.org/How_to_Manage_Plugins
>
>Codex is working. :)
>
>Owen

As long as plug-in insertion/removal is being managed, why not include a
small notes field? The user can add brief notes of hacks deployed
with/for the plug-in, so that at plug-in inspection time or plug-in
removal time, this info is obvious/accessible....