[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Dennis Williamson dennis at netstrata.com
Fri Oct 22 22:41:58 UTC 2004

I'm starting to like the idea of integrating Page Links more closely with
Links based on Dougal's idea and subsequent discussion in the support thread.

In Admin:
         Move Pages from Manage to Links
         Add/Manage Link would be able to see internal/static pages
         Pages could be categorized (together / with other links / a mixture)
         New Pages default to a new Link Category - "Pages" or "Site" maybe
         Need to be able to set whole link categories to visible/not
visible (NEW)
         wp_list_pages() still available for those who want it, but not
included by default

This solves the problem of "why aren't my pages showing up?" It has the
advantage of being able to categorize and make visible/invisible as is in
place for Links. It puts external links and internal links together
logically for management purposes.

Dennis