[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Tor Bjornrud bjornrud at msu.edu
Fri Oct 22 20:25:22 UTC 2004

Ryan Boren wrote:

> If you want a list of links to your pages, add wp_list_pages() to your
> template.
>
> Now, should this be added to the default template?  Maybe not, maybe so.
> Thoughts from the list?

Current features are included by default (calendar, links, cats, search)
  and it's up to the user to use "display: none;" in the css or delete
the  code in their template.  I think this is a reasonable way to
empower users who don't like the default page-linking method, as the
users who require more customization will be more advanced and
knowledgeable by necessity.  All the rest can use what's available and
it will "just work".

I guess it comes down to the fact I could see many more support queries
asking, "where's my new page"  than people asking, "how do I get rid of
these links?"

best,
~Tor