[wp-hackers] Forget Commenter's Info

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Fri Oct 15 17:49:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 06:07:59PM +0100, David House wrote:
> Quoting Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>:
> > Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> > > I think it would be safer to have it default to unchecked.  But
> > > how about making the default an option?  This way everyone can
> > > have it their way.
> >
> > Because options are evil and we should have as few as humanly
> > possible. :)
>
> I tend to go with the mantra 'Easy things should be easy and hard
> things should be possible', but I agree in this instance based on the
> absolute triviality of the option.

Well, I was thinking an option would allow for keeping the old behaviour
for those who absolutely want it, but it fortunately sounds like a change
is behaviour is advocated by all (or at least most).

I wholeheartedly agree with requiring a conscious action from the user
before creating a persistent credential cookie.

Regards,
+ Kim
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>