[wp-hackers] How old is wp ?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Oct 15 13:03:20 UTC 2004

Podz wrote:
> Forum post:
> "Hi. I want to upgrade in installation of WP-v.282 to the latest stable
> version. I've found this: http://faq.wordpress.net/view.php?p=30
> Do those instructions apply with an upgrade with this big of a version
> gap?"
>
> My assumption is yes, just upgrade, but it's the oldest wp I've heard
> of. Is Yes the right answer ?

When I was testing the new DB upgrade code (this is around 1.3a1), I ran
it against a fresh install of every WP minor version that's archived on
the WP server.  With only minor problems in getting the actual prior
version to run properly before the upgrade, there was success after the
upgrade in each case.

Backup and go for it.

Owen