[wp-hackers] How old is wp ?

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:53:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:08:53 +0100, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> Forum post:
> "Hi. I want to upgrade in installation of WP-v.282 to the latest stable
> version. I've found this: http://faq.wordpress.net/view.php?p=30
> Do those instructions apply with an upgrade with this big of a version gap?"

I've not heard of this version at all.
The very first version was 0.7 beta (or beta 1) sometime on May 2003.

> My assumption is yes, just upgrade, but it's the oldest wp I've heard
> of. Is Yes the right answer ?

My instinct is BACKUP, BACKUP, and BACKUP again. Then give it a try.
I believe the upgrade from pre 0.72 and earlier broke in 1.0. Though
that may have been addressed in 1.2. I can't remember now :-(

Otherwise, I think I remember  a b2 import which may be worth a try
(would have to install the new version into a new DB or table prefix)

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/journalized/