[wp-hackers] Simple Upcoming Events Plugin?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 02:44:53 UTC 2004

I was looking for a solution to be able to post upcoming events to the
sidebar of my WordPress CVS blog, and thought of using something
similar to Matt's asides, which worked really well, until I realized
its disadvantages:

1. If you want a certain number of posts to display on the main page,
these take away from it or may even be kept from displaying because of
that limit.

2. These will stop displaying at the end of the month unless you
somehow make it draw from all the archives.

3. These have to be manually removed from the list by deleting the post.

Does anyone know of a plugin or have a recommendation of a solution.
I'd really like to keep it being added through the admin interface,
and 1 and 2 are the only real problems I need fixed, 3 doesn't bother
me a whole lot, although with something similar to the expiring posts
mentioned earlier today on this list it shouldn't be too hard to work
out. Suggestions? Ideas? Offers to code something for me since my time
is limited ;-)?