[wp-hackers] Enclosures for WordPress 1.3

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Tue Oct 12 13:13:50 UTC 2004

Enclosures now work in WordPress, see the following post for details:
http://blogs.linux.ie/xeer/2004/10/11/enclosures-in-wordpress/

There's a few things to do before I put it into CVS, and we need to
decide on the edit-form interface:
1. Have an "Enclosures" text field where space seperated URLs can be
pasted. Enclosures are well defined and other links (ie. background
links to web pages, images, etc) aren't defined as enclosures and
downloaded by an enclosures-aware client. That's an advantage as only
the most desireable content can be enclosed.
2. Matt's suggestion was to run through all the URLs in a post and
create enclosures from them all. This has the advantage that all the
linked content in a post can be downloaded by a client and browsed at
leisure.

Or, do we have both? The default is to enclose all URLs but if the
"Enclosures" text field is filled then links in the main content aren't
enclosed.

I'd go for either, I coded option 1 but I'm leaning towards option 2 now
that I've thought about it.

Ideas and preferences anyone?

Donncha.