[wp-hackers] Feature: Select location of .htaccess (for permalinks)?

Nick Parker nickbp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:42:14 UTC 2004

I've got a site running WP 1.3a4, where Wordpress is kept in a separate
directory from index.php:

Wordpress: /wp13a4/*
Site: /index.php (and /.htaccess)

For the Options->Permalinks page, could an option be added to specify
the absolute/relative location of one's .htaccess file, so that WP
doesn't assume that it's located in WP's directory? This would make the
automatic editing of .htaccess much more versatile, if implemented.
Perhaps such a field could be autofilled with the difference between the
"WordPress Address" and "Blog Address" fields in Options->General? In my
case, WordPress Address is "http://beoba.net/wp13a4" and Blog Address is
"http://beoba.net", so it probably wouldn't be too terribly hard for WP
to pick up on the difference from that.

If this has already been implemented by some other means and I just
haven't noticed, then nevermind. :)

Thanks!

--
Nick Parker: http://beoba.net