[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Mark Shields laebshade at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:11:35 UTC 2004

Recent and latests CVS versions of WP 1.3 have the static pages
built-in, it's an option under "Manage" called "Pages".  you create a
post in an editor like you normally would, except you don't select a
category, date, and a lot of other info.  It does, however, use the
index.php post template as a template to show it.  Pages can be
accessed by amending ?page=# to index.php.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 10:12:14 +0200, Tara Star
<tellme at climbtothestars.org> wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Has there been any progress on the ability to make non-dated "static"
> > pages?  I'd love to be able to have different pages of content without
> > having to "cp index.php newpage.php" and then edit newpapge.php.
> >
> > In other words, I'm using WP as a CMS on one site, rather than a
> > straight weblogging system.
>
> Try faked-folders plugin. Allowed me to do my About page:
> http://climbtothestars.org/about/
>
> http://stevarino.com/wp/faked-folders/ (you need to install
> http://stevarino.com/wp/framework/ too)
>
> hth