[wp-hackers] Syndicate categories

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Tue Nov 30 12:46:25 UTC 2004

Alistair Young wrote:

> thanks for that. To clarify, do you mean index.php?cat=2/feed
> - not sure what you mean by appending /feed to the permalink. Is
> index.php?cat=2 the permalink for the category?

http://www.yoursite.com/archives/category/category-name/feed/

You need to be using permalinks on the options>permalinks page of the admin
interface. You can set it up any way you want then copy the code at the
bottom to your .htaccess file on your server.

Without permalink structure set up, you can tack on &feed=1 to get
index.php?cat=2&feed=1 (changing the 1 to whatever number is the feed type
you want. I'm not sure which is which off the top of my head.)

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net