[wp-hackers] Re: Problems with themes, depreciated stuff, etc.

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 19:37:11 UTC 2004

The two bloginfo calls mentioned on the codex are useful in some
senses, but not in the one that I mentioned above. The bloginfo()
calls output the fully qualified URI, IE
http://example.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/example/ for the
stylesheet directory. What I want is a constant (or a variable at
least) that points to the current themedir in its absolute path, IE
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/example/ .
The latter is useful when including or requiring documents without
using relative paths, while the earlier is useful for linking a
certain image or page within the theme directory. I need support for
the latter.

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:22:30 -0500, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Robert Deaton wrote:
>
> >Also, having a contant like ABSPATH but for the current theme
> >directory would be nice too, since I don't particularly like using
> >relative includes. Wouldn't be all that hard to add in.
> >

> Check out http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development for some info on
> theme paths, specifically the section "Referencing Files From a
> Template".  You might find that what you need is already there.  :)
>
> Owen

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.