[wp-hackers] Problems with themes, depreciated stuff, etc.

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:12:13 UTC 2004

Well, I started working with themes this morning on a vanilla CVS
install, and found a few problems with the current theming system.

First, I thought that you should be able to have just a style.css in a
themedir and be able to use it. Well, with that, in the admin under
presentations you get something like "no template present" and it
doesn't show you the rest of the themes that are installed. It should
at least show you the rest of the themes installed and let you
activate another one, even if it doesn't let you activate the one
without a template.

Second, while mucking around in the wp-header.php and wp-footer.php to
use them in my template, I found that they still have the includes
relative to the WP basedir for replacement header.php and footer.php
files, which should be depreciated now since there is full theme
support.

Cheers,
--
--Robert Deaton