[wp-hackers] possible cause for slowness when post

Adi Sieker ml at sieker.info
Sun Nov 28 12:05:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have seen few posts in the support forum and mails
on this list where people mentioned WP being slow when posting.
Now I experienced this as well and started experimenting a little.
I find that WP is slow when you have an URL in the post.
1-2 sec with no url in the post and 13-15 secs with an url in the post.
I tested this on my local development setup, so everything was running
on localhost and the URL I typed into the post pointed to an url
on localhost which exists. No plugins were active.
Using Apache 2.0.52, MySQL 4.1.7 and PHP 5.0.2

Regards
     Adi
--
Adi J. Sieker                                   http://www.sieker.info/