[wp-hackers] Comment spam floods?

Bill Bradford mrbill at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 20:46:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:22:35 -0500, Ryan Duff <ryan at duff-duff.net> wrote:
> I just upped to the latest wp-blacklist after a bunch were slipping through.
> 2.6.1 is the latest, and now will automatically delete and add to the
> blacklist database for you. I've set it to still send me emails when it
> deletes (it also does that) and have gotten about 20 so far today, but no
> spam. Its available here http://sm.farook.org/index.php?p=149 if you're
> still using an older version.

The latest wp-blacklist (downloaded and installed yesterday) wasn't
doing anything worthwhile either.

If there was a dependable export/import mechanism for my entries
(rather than just backing up the database), I'd dump everything out,
delete the entire directory, and reinstall everything from scratch...

Bill