[wp-hackers] Comment spam floods?

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Sat Nov 27 18:22:35 UTC 2004

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:36:31 -0600, Bill Bradford
> I've seen a MASSIVE (numbering in the hundreds) amount of comment
> spam in the past 2-3 days, mostly poker-related stuff.  I'm running
> the latest nightly, and neither Kitten's Spaminator nor WP-Blacklist
> is having *any* effect at all.  Anyone else seeing this?

I just upped to the latest wp-blacklist after a bunch were slipping through.
2.6.1 is the latest, and now will automatically delete and add to the
blacklist database for you. I've set it to still send me emails when it
deletes (it also does that) and have gotten about 20 so far today, but no
spam. Its available here http://sm.farook.org/index.php?p=149 if you're
still using an older version.

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net