[wp-hackers] (scalability) many wp on one server without choking it?

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Tue Nov 23 19:31:39 UTC 2004

How quick is quick? Is Apache configured with keep alives on? Does your
client support keep alive? Each Apache process is probably 12MB to 15MB
in size.. that's maybe 700MB to 900MB of your 1024MB machine gone if
requests are made in parallel.
I'd say that 60 requests in a very short time could easily take down a
server.

Donncha.