[wp-hackers] 1.3 CVS

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Nov 23 14:01:20 UTC 2004

I'm not crazy about Tortoise or any other GUI CVS for Windows that I've
seen.  Good old command line works just fine for me, and makes it
possible to follow the *nix instructions for CVS checkout.  For that
reason, I've written out these instructions for command-line CVS on Windows.

Go here to download a GPL Windows command line CVS (deep link):
https://ccvs.cvshome.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=83&expandFolder=83&folderID=0

Download the file with the .zip extension marked "Stable", whose size is
~350kb.

 From the archive, copy the cvs.exe file to your path (try C:\Windows).
  You've now got a working command-line CVS.

Using the instructions at http://wordpress.org/download/, use the
following command at a command prompt to check out an anonymous copy of
WordPress to the current directory:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cafelog co wordpress

The instructions at http://wiki.wordpress.org/CVSHowTo explain how to
use command-line options to generate a patch, if you're so inclined.  I
mention this because the instructions as-written apply only to
command-line CVS, and not to any of the CVS GUIs that are suggested for
use on Windows.

Owen

Ps-Feel free to steal this for codex if needed.