[wp-hackers] REQ: delayed actions for future-dated posts

Sebastian Meyer sebimeyer at sebimeyer.com
Mon Nov 22 14:02:53 UTC 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 8:54, Scott Merrill wrote:

> Ideally I'd like to have a "delayed actions" plugin that gets
> executed first in the plugin queue upon posting a new entry.  If
> that entry is dated in the future, the "delayed actions" plugin
> makes note of which other plugins _should_ have executed, then
> immediately drops out to prevent those plugins from actually
> executing.

This is an excellent idea. I have several plugins that execute
immediately even if I predate a post to appear a couple of hours, if
not days in the future. It would be good if WP held the post completely
and really posted it only when the post's date has been reached.

For example I often post something that I wrote for a print
publication. It would really be bad style to post it before the day it
actually runs it in the paper, so I date it 2 days in the future at
midnight. But all other plugins execute based on the posts content as
if it was appearing on the page right away.

Sebastian Meyer