[wp-hackers] Index 1.2 to 1.3

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Nov 19 19:19:03 UTC 2004

Arthur Jennings wrote:

>How about shipping 1.3 with some default themes installed instead of
>relying on the old system? It might be easier for folks to grok themes
>if they could see some in action.

I'm working on a thing that might help with that issue.  In fact, it
would be helpful (if only as an incentive) if I got some feedback (what
you'd like to see or what you think of the idea, rather than what
currently isn't working) on the thing.

It's here:  http://www.redalt.com/Tools/builder.php

Obviously it's not complete, but it's pretty well on its way.  Yet to
accomplish are color schemes, and actually applying the chosen template
CSS to the built page.  Currently, only the topmost template is coded,
and it doesn't yet layout properly, but it does produce a theme with
valid XHTML.

Expect that it'll be broken occasionally while I'm updating it, but if
you try it, please let me know what you think.

Owen