[wp-hackers] registered_users

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:04:47 UTC 2004

I beleive it is not deprecated in the HTML/ XHTML standard. That is a
Content Accessibility Guideline you are referring to. I agree the
plugin does not make for an accessible blog ( in fact it's purpose is
to do the opposite) :)

Carthik.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:37:19 +0600, Peter A. Shevtsov
<peter at shevtsov.fanstvo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is deprecated -- http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#meta-element
>

> Carthik Sharma wrote:
>
> >Hi Trevor,
> >
> >That should solve the header-related problems some folks have. I am
> >not security expert, but I do not see anything wrong in using
> >except that Lynx users wont be redirected :)
> >
> >Does anyone else see any problems in using a meta tag for redirection?
> >
> >Please go ahead and use it. I beleive the verify_the_login(); function
> >can now be removed from the plugin, since there is a similar function
> >in one of the wp-includes/* files, but I will get to making that
> >change another day.
> >
> >I hope the solution works out fine for you. I would be glad to add
> >your name/URL to the credits if it does, please let me know, and I
> >will change the plugin's source.
> >
> >Carthik.
> >

> >On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:08:14 -0800 (PST), Trevor Turk
> ><trevorturk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I was having a problem with 1.3a4 and Carthik's
> >>Registered Users plugin, so I hacked it up a bit. I
> >>was wondering if the changes I made (got rid of the
> >>header stuff, since that was the problem) make it
> >>unsecure or mess it up some how. If somebody
> >>(Carthik?) has the time, please check it out.
> >>
> >>Also, I was trying to get it to save the redirect URL
> >>bit if the first login attempt fails. If somebody has
> >>an idea there, that would be cool :)
> >>
> >>Trevor

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net