[wp-hackers] registered_users

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:14:10 UTC 2004

Hi Trevor,

That should solve the header-related problems some folks have. I am
not security expert, but I do not see anything wrong in using
except that Lynx users wont be redirected :)

Does anyone else see any problems in using a meta tag for redirection?

Please go ahead and use it. I beleive the verify_the_login(); function
can now be removed from the plugin, since there is a similar function
in one of the wp-includes/* files, but I will get to making that
change another day.

I hope the solution works out fine for you. I would be glad to add
your name/URL to the credits if it does, please let me know, and I
will change the plugin's source.

Carthik.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:08:14 -0800 (PST), Trevor Turk
<trevorturk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was having a problem with 1.3a4 and Carthik's
> Registered Users plugin, so I hacked it up a bit. I
> was wondering if the changes I made (got rid of the
> header stuff, since that was the problem) make it
> unsecure or mess it up some how. If somebody
> (Carthik?) has the time, please check it out.
>
> Also, I was trying to get it to save the redirect URL
> bit if the first login attempt fails. If somebody has
> an idea there, that would be cool :)
>
> Trevor

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net