[wp-hackers] extra plugin hooks for admin interface?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:11:14 UTC 2004

I believe he is saying the hooks already exist, and you can hook into
them by using:

add_action('simple_edit_form', 'your_function');
or
add_action('edit_form_advanced', 'your_function');

for simple and advanced edit or post forms respectively.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:04:12 +0100, Tara Star
<tellme at climbtothestars.org> wrote:
> Ryan Boren wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 10:56 +0100, Tara Star wrote:
> >
> >>I have a plugin in mind which would allow users to add input fields to
> >>the post.php and/or edit.php forms, for metadata which is often used on
> >>the weblog (for example, I would add a field for "language", another for
> >>"keywords", for "other_excerpt", whatever).
> >>
> >>I've seen there is a plugin hook to add things in the admin footer --
> >>but are there any which would let plugin authors add things in the form
> >>itself? If not, could such hooks be made available?
> >

> > simple_edit_form and edit_form_advanced
>
> maybe it's because I don't know enough about hooks, but I have trouble
> parsing your reply?
>
> thanks
>
> Steph
> --
> http://climbtothestars.org/

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.