[wp-hackers] Anti spam idea

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 22:22:35 UTC 2004

This has been suggested and implemented before using the captcha
software. I'm not sure if there are any publically released plugins
that use it yet, but I assure you there will be at least 1 within the
next few days posted to this list.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:16:35 -0600, Ethan King <ferrill at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like is should be possible for WP to impliment the same kind
> of anti automation that sites like Yahoo! use.  We could create a
> image for each letter in the latin (english) alphabet and number 1-10
> that are manipulated to make if very difficult for a spam posting
> program to read.
>
> That way the person making the comment only has to enter the 6
> charater "code" to make the post.  The benefits are no moderation and
> no keywords.
>
> I am attaching an example picture from Yahoo!
>
> Just a thought,
> -Ethan

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.