[wp-hackers] Better search engine

Rob Mientjes robmientjes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:55:18 UTC 2004

Michael, something I second. Though I was thinking about replacing the
archives by making the search author-, commentator-, content- and/or
date-specific. It would use all the data in the db, but then spread it
out on request, not as a regular archive.

Anyway, your idea is nice too.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:41:23 +0100, Michael Heilemann
<michael at binarybonsai.com> wrote:
> Has someone out there made a better search engine for WP? I'm thinking
> something that can do at least some of the following things:
>
> * Sort by relevance
> * Use AND and OR as well as "quotation marks", you know... Google style
> * Perhaps tie into non-database pages (wishful thinking I guess).
>
> Aloha, Mike
> http://binarybonsai.com

Cheers,
Rob.