[wp-hackers] Fwd: [kunjan.net] Comment: "The Ansari X Prize"

John Sinteur john at sinteur.com
Wed Nov 10 17:47:45 UTC 2004

On Nov 10, 2004, at 6:39 PM, Kunjan Shah wrote:

> Why? what if there is a human trying to put spam-like comments?

There is, more than one, and they don't even know it. I know this
sounds weird, but I have this from a reliable source. Some porn sites
are giving visitors a CAPTCHA checks (for various bogus claimed
reasons), and the porn-site visitors enter whatever they see, just to
get access to the naughty pictures. What the porn-site visitor doesn't
know is that he is not looking at a CAPTCHA picture for the porn site,
but a CAPTCHA picture for whatever site the porn webmaster wants
'automated' access to.

So in essence. there's a milion monkeys typing away at all the CAPTCHA
pictures. It's the main reason my own weblog doens't have it.

-John