[wp-hackers] Debugging a wp-plugin

André Medeiros me at andremedeiros.net
Sun Nov 7 22:33:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:17 +1300, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to write a plugin using publish_post, and i'm trying to talk
> to a mysql database OTHER than wp's db.  I'm trying to debug the scripts
> connection, and echo isn't outputting, so i'm trying to send mail to
> myself.
>
> Anyone got any better tips for getting traces from the plugin?
>
> Cheers,

There are several debug libraries you can use. Find them on
http://www.phpclasses.org.

You could also write the debug to a file (give it a dummy name so you
can access it with no worries online).

Do you get the mail? Because if you don't, then the script probablly has
a syntax error somewhere and won't run at all. Most hosts are configured
not to display PHP errors, but you can skip this directive using
an .htaccess file. I can help you with that if you want.

Other than that, good luck :)

Best regards,
André