[wp-hackers] RSS for Awaiting Moderation

Alex King alex at alexking.org
Fri Nov 5 03:03:12 UTC 2004

Ok, completely untested:

if (is_single()) {
	$comments = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT comment_ID, comment_author,
comment_author_email,
	comment_author_url, comment_date, comment_content, comment_post_ID,
	$wpdb->posts.ID, $wpdb->posts.post_password FROM $wpdb->comments
	LEFT JOIN $wpdb->posts ON comment_post_id = id WHERE comment_post_ID =
'$id'
	AND $wpdb->comments.comment_approved = '1' AND
$wpdb->posts.post_status = 'publish'
	AND post_date < '".date("Y-m-d H:i:59")."'
	ORDER BY comment_date LIMIT " . get_settings('posts_per_rss') );
} else if (isset($_GET["view"]) && $_GET["view"] ==
'moderated_comments') {
	$comments = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT comment_ID, comment_author,
comment_author_email,
	comment_author_url, comment_date, comment_content, comment_post_ID,
	$wpdb->posts.ID, $wpdb->posts.post_password FROM $wpdb->comments
	LEFT JOIN $wpdb->posts ON comment_post_id = id WHERE
$wpdb->comments.comment_approved = '0'
	AND $wpdb->posts.post_status = 'publish' AND post_date <
'".date("Y-m-d H:i:59")."'
	ORDER BY comment_date LIMIT " . get_settings('posts_per_rss') );
} else { // if no post id passed in, we'll just ue the last 10 comments.
	$comments = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT comment_ID, comment_author,
comment_author_email,
	comment_author_url, comment_date, comment_content, comment_post_ID,
	$wpdb->posts.ID, $wpdb->posts.post_password FROM $wpdb->comments
	LEFT JOIN $wpdb->posts ON comment_post_id = id WHERE
$wpdb->posts.post_status = 'publish'
	AND $wpdb->comments.comment_approved = '1' AND post_date <
'".date("Y-m-d H:i:s")."'
	ORDER BY comment_date DESC LIMIT " . get_settings('posts_per_rss') );
}

Find the SQL queries in wp-commentsrss2.php and replace with this code.
Then subscribe to:

http://www.example./com/wp-commentsrss2.php?view=moderated_comments

This is from a recent nightly build, it will be slightly different in
1.2.1 or previous versions.

Cheers,
--Alex

http://www.alexking.org/