[wp-hackers] HTTP headers prevent page from being cached by the browser...

Rich Manalang rich at manalang.com
Wed Jun 30 21:40:50 UTC 2004

One of the things I've noticed about WP powered sites is that when
you're halfway down a page, then click on a link to go to another page
or site, then use the "back" button to go to the previous page you were
on, you're always taken to the top of the page you were on before?  This
is probably because the HTTP headers sent down to the browser by WP
tells the browser never to cache the page and always retrieve a fresh copy.

I'm not sure how this could be fixed or if we should be sending expire
headers or etags that more accurately reflect when a page has changed
(or if it's even possible to do that), but it would be nice to always
take the user back to the same place on a page when they click on the
browser's back button.

Anyone have any ideas?

Rich
http://manalang.com/archives/category/wordpress/