[wp-hackers] Newbie here - Stopping posts appearing on the frontpage

Philip Taron philip at wcug.wwu.edu
Sun Jun 27 20:29:00 UTC 2004

An alternative, provided you only want one category
of blog posts to appear on the front page, is to use http.conf
or a .htaccess file to set the DirectoryIndex for the main page
of the blog to index.php?cat=<some number>.  For my purposes,
using WP as a CMS, I only want news to appear on the front page;
that, for me, is category #5, so DirectoryIndex index.php?cat=5 ...

Philip