[wp-hackers] link_updated field in db is never updated

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:05:30 UTC 2004

The Link updated in this case refers to whether you  are checking
weblogs.com to see if the linked website/blog has bee updated in the
last XX minutes/hours.
The link manager has this feature, and there is a very simple plugin I
wrote you can use to check if links have been updated.
http://carthik.net/wpplugins/  is where you shall find it.

Carthik.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:00:47 -0700, Joseph Scott
<joseph at randomnetworks.com> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2004, at 9:49 AM, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at throwing together a simple RSS 2.0 feed for my
> > WordPress managed links.  I quickly ran into an issue though, for
> > pubDate.  I figured that when a link is added or edited the there was
> > probably a field in the db that would reflect when that happened.  The
> > link_updated field would appear to fit the bill, except that it never
> > updated (not on adds and not on edits).  All of my links have a
> > link_updated field of '0000-00-00 00:00:00', which is the default
> > value for that field for some reason.
> >
> > Is there any reason why the default for the field shouldn't be 'now()'?
>
>         Don't you hate when you reply to your own question?  Instead of making
> the default value 'now()' the column type could be changed to timestamp
> instead of datetime.
>

> --
> Joseph Scott
> http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net